Boston Hill Mine Safeguard Project – Phase I
SUMMARY OF WORK
The Boston Hill Mine Safeguard Project area is located one mile South-West of the Town of Silver City, in Grant County, New Mexico. The project area (see Sheets 3 and 4) is on private land; municipal public land managed by the Town of Silver City, NM; and BLM public land managed by the Las Cruces Field Office. Site features are located on rugged, steep terrain.
This project involves the following work:
- On-site construction of 11 native waste rock and mortar wall closures (see Sheet 9, Waste Rock Borrow Summary table)
- Installation of 36,700 square feet (SF) of cable mesh over two large stope locations, LT-2/3 and LT-101/103 (see Sheet 10, Steel Mesh Closure Summary table)
- On-site construction of 8 horizontal and 6 vertical metal grate closures (see Sheets11-12; see Sheet 11, Metal Grate Closure Summary table)
- On-site construction of 1,325SF of large adit and stope metal grate closure at 2 locations for feature LT-134 (see Sheet 13, Adit and Stope Metal Grate Closure Summary table)
- On-site construction of 2 metal gate egress adit closures with native waste rock and masonry surrounds (see Sheets 14-16)
Demobilization shall be conducted in such a manner to ensure that the Contractor leaves all project areas in as good or better condition than before disturbance.
Sheet 18, Boston Hill Safeguard Features Master Tables 1 and 2, include feature numbers and sheet references, type of feature and safeguard type, dimensions, and feature latitude/longitude.
|NEPA Public Meetings/Notices|
|Notice Type||Date & Time||Type of Meeting||Attendance List|
|Environmental Assessment||July 8, 2022|
|Specifications, Maps and Images|
|Boston Hill Mine Safeguard Project – Phase I Project Manual|
|Images of the Project|
|Sealed Bid Opening||Pre-Bid Opening|
NM STATE PURCHASING DIVISION
MANDATORY PRE-BID CONFERENCE
Questions and Answers
KMZ file (map)
|Administrative and Technical Questions and/or Comments
Administrative: Meghan McDonald @ 505.629.9872 or e-mail
Technical: Meghan McDonald@ 505.629.9872 or e-mail
|Completion of Contract|
Project Engineer: Meghan McDonald, P.E.
Project Manager: Laurence D’Alessandro