YCC Grant Information
How to Apply
The Request for Proposals (RFP) for projects that take place in 2022 has been posted on the State Purchasing Division’s website at https://www.generalservices.state.nm.us/statepurchasing/active-procurements.aspx as of October 22, 2021. The RFP will be open through December 13, 2021. Proposals must be submitted electronically on the State Purchasing Division’s website.
All materials needed to apply for the grant are posted on the State Purchasing Division’s website. The NMYCC will hold two pre-proposal conferences to guide interested applicants through the process. Links to the conferences are in the RFP.
The most important things you can do to ensure success are to read the RFP thoroughly, attend a pre-proposal conference, and respond to all requirements.
Gallup YCC crew working on Pyramid Trail, 2020
Below are the issues you should consider before applying. Our rule has more detailed information.
- The project must result in a specific, identifiable project(s) or service(s) that would otherwise not be accomplished with existing funds and does not duplicate routine services or functions.
- Up to $150,000 may be requested.
- You are responsible for hiring and supervising YCC corps members.
- At least four corps members and one corps crew leader or trainer must be hired.
- 70% of funds awarded must be allocated to corps member wages (gross wages + employer’s FICA contribution + workers’ comp + unemployment insurance)
- 30% of funds may be used for training and supplies.
- 10% of the project time shall be allocated to corps member training.
- 20% match required (can be in-kind, such as volunteer time, staff time, equipment, etc.)
- Projects may not last longer than 26 weeks.