The Office of General Counsel (OGC) provides policy guidance, legal advice and representation to the Cabinet Secretary, Division Directors, and Department personnel.
This work includes:
- The development of legal strategies that further the Department’s mission and goals;
- Legal advocacy and representation of the Department in both administrative and judicial proceedings;
- Regular interaction with other agency attorneys, including the Attorney General’s office, and attorneys representing entities regulated by the Department to negotiate, or litigate if necessary, the resolution of legal issues in support of the Department’s goals;
- Reviewing contractual commitments entered into by the Department;
- Assisting Divisions with personnel matters, including providing advice and direction on disciplinary actions and representing the department in State Personnel Office hearings; and,
- Spearheading the Department’s bill analysis and legislation review and development process on all matters affecting the Department for the Cabinet Secretary and Division Directors to help further Department goals and understand the effect of pending legislation on the Department.
Cheryl Bada, Deputy General Counsel (Parks, Forestry, OFS), 505-660-0738, email@example.com
Susan Sita, Assistant General Counsel (ECMD, HR, OFS), 505-470-4671, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesse Tremaine, Assistant General Counsel (OCD), 505-231-9312, email@example.com
Gabe Wade, Assistant General Counsel (MMD), 505-470-6356, firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Zendel, Contracts Analyst, 505-490-776, email@example.com
Sara Griego, Paralegal, 505-476-3211, firstname.lastname@example.org